- No dates present
- No public Twitter messages.
- HB WATERFRONT OVERVIEW : 3-5 ft. - waist to head high and poor to fair
- NEWPORT PIER : 1-2 ft - ankle to knee high and poor
- SURFSIDE : 2-3 ft - knee to waist high and poor
- 54TH/56TH ST. NEWPORT : 4-5 ft. - shoulder to head high and poor to fair
- ANDERSON STREET : 2-3 ft.+ - knee to chest high and poor to fair
- THATCamp Coordinator
- Roy Rosenzweig Center for History and New Media at George Mason University
- Website: amandafrench.net
- Twitter: amandafrench
I am currently THATCamp Coordinator and Research Assistant Professor at the Roy Rosenzweig Center for History and New Media at George Mason University, in which capacity I provide support for THATCamp organizers and participants, maintain http://thatcamp.org, travel to some (not all!) THATCamps, and direct large-scale projects such as the Proceedings of THATCamp. At the University of Virginia, while earning my doctorate in English, I encoded texts in first SGML and then XML for the Rossetti Archive and the Electronic Text Center. My 2004 dissertation was a history of the villanelle, the poetic form of Dylan Thomas' "Do not go gentle into that good night" and Elizabeth Bishop's "One Art." I held the Council on Library and Information Resources Postdoctoral Fellowship at NCSU Libraries from 2004 to 2006, and afterward taught graduate and undergraduate courses at NCSU in Victorian literature and poetry as well as in the digital humanities and in advanced academic research methods. In 2009, I worked with the NYU Archives and Public History program on an NHPRC-funded project to create a model digital curriculum for historian-archivists.